Wednesday 11 March 2020

Happy Seventh Birthday Upon Hope!

I've had my best year yet on the blog, which is always a nice thing to be able to say. July was my worst month with only 2,998 visitors, but the next was my best with 5910 visitors. Over the year I have averaged 4,200 a month. Something happened in July to blogger, before that time I routinely got hundreds on each post, but from the start of July I rarely got over one hundred. Not sure what happened but even though each post was down, overall I got increased numbers. I have written some quite good pieces and from July to December I was on fire. I tried to write each day but in reality it was more like 2 out of every 3 days.  Then In January I really needed some help so I asked for people to support me on Subscribestar. For nearly the entire first month not a single person thought I was worth supporting, not even for a dollar a month. Now I have two supporters who each have pledged $10 a month, thats $120 a year. Now that's a serious commitment.....Thank you!

I have to admit that the lack of support nearly killed the blog. I really had to struggle to write. People don't have unlimited money, unfortunately I really do understand that. but the total lack of interest was a real kick in the guts. Particularly as the amount of material I produce keeps increasing.

This article will be the 160th article I have written in the past twelve months. I have organised the second Melbourne Traditionalists Conference which was a great success. Along with David Hiscox, the editor of XYZ, I have started doing podcasts on YouTube and this year I have been putting up older articles as well. So each day something goes up, even though we do the podcast each Monday. David Hiscox has also been putting articles of mine up on XYZ, in fact he puts up about 2/3rd's of everything I write. Which I must say has been a good boost to the ego, as has been his support. I think the recent increase in numbers, particularly from Australia, is in no small part due to that support. Thank you David!

And the Melbourne Traditionalists has had regular meetings and continues to grow. 

I have had 242, 586 visitors to this blog over the past seven years.
2013 15,000 visitors
2014 20,000 visitors
2015 30,000 visitors
2016 38,000 visitors
2017 44,000 visitors
2018 43,000 visitors
2019 52,000 visitors

My most clicked on article is still What do Traditional Conservatives believe? which has been clicked on 6507 times. My least read article is Parenting, there's an app for that which has been clicked on only 47 times.

My visitors fall into three categories Americans who make up around 40%, Australians who make up around 15% and the rest of the world who make up the remaining 45%. In the last month the number of Americans who have come to my site reached 100,000.

Below are the top 10 articles that have been clicked on with the number of visitors each has received.

6507 What do Traditional Conservatives believe?

3791 Free-trade Versus Protectionism

3487 Why don't the poor marry?

3314 Why do Conservatives believe in different social classes?

2455 Feminism, why we are not Feminists

2404 What is more important, the past, the present or the future?

2248 The balanced society

2170 Housewives, good for the economy and society

2153 The problems of Monarchy

1397 Multiculturalism, the conclusion

The list will be different to the list on the left as I believe that they are weighted towards more recent clicks.

Here is the "Referring URL's" and "Referring Sites".

Referring URLs

Referring Sites

Search Keywords

EntryPageviews
site:blogspot.com small business language:en
321
site:blogspot.com can i make money from youtube? language:en
116
site:blogspot.com african farms language:en
104
site:blogspot.com society language:en
99
site:blogspot.com can i make money from youtube language:en
83
site:blogspot.com maternity leave language:en
83
uponhopeblog.blogspot.com
60
upon hope
48
the thinking housewife
33
free trade vs protectionism
32

Here is the list of where and how many people have been to this site over the past seven years.
EntryPageviews
United States
101703
Australia
38181
Russia
16871
United Kingdom
8930
France
6658
Germany
5971
Canada
4328
Ukraine
4214
Unknown Region
3330
Netherlands
2839

The only change is the Netherlands is back and Indonesia has left.

Thank you for reading the blog and I hope that thing keep heading upwards!

Mark Moncrieff


To Help Support My Work
https://www.subscribestar.com/upon-hope


Upon Hope Blog - A Traditional Conservative Future
Another Article You Might Like?
Happy Sixth Birthday Upon Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment