Friday 11 March 2016

Happy Third Birthday Upon Hope!

Another year has passed and this post will be my 295th since I started. I started this blog because I was sick and tired of the things I saw around me, I was sick of seeing my people becoming a minority, I was sick of our biggest enemy being our own Government, I was sick of being told two men should marry and that parents were optional extras in their children's life. I'm still sick of all of it and much else.I have found answers to questions I had and something, bizarrely, to questions I didn't have.

Ironically I never started this blog to be a writer, I started it because I want things to change. I still do. And I often wonder if I serve any purpose, but one good thing about the internet is that I get to see if anyone is reading, well to be honest I can never know if anyone has read it or simply clicked on it. Currently I'm getting over 2000 visitors a month, slowly, very slowly the site grows, it's a long way from when I started. The only way things can improve is by moving offline and into the real world. But my attempt to do that has failed and currently I am a writer.

I have had 66,407 visitors since I started, 30,000 in the last year.

My most clicked on article is What do Traditional Conservatives Believe? which has been clicked on 3230 times, My least clicked on article is Taxes, Budgets and the Economy which has only been clicked on 20 times!

Over the past three years Americans have made up around 45% of my visitors, the next country is Australia at 15% and then the rest of the world combined covers the remaining 40%. No other single country is over 10%.

Here are some graphs that Blogger provides me.

  Graph of Blogger page views
The big spike is from March last year when I had 4,523 visitors, as you can see by far my best month. Before that I had not been able to get above 2000, since then I have not gone below 2000. My worst month this year was September when I had 2,148. Over the long view you can see that while each month goes up or down overall the trend is upwards. The last month seems to be down but that is the current month which is only 1/3rd through.

Below are the Top 10 posts followed by the number of clicks each has received.

What do Traditional Conservatives Believe?   3230

Free Trade Versus Protectionism   2435

Why Don't the Poor Marry   1987

Why do Conservatives Believe in Different Social Classes?   1643

Feminism, Why We Are Not Feminists   1328

What is More Important, the Past, the Present or the Future?   1117

The Discrimination of Anti-Discrimination   856

The Balanced Society   716

Housewives, Good for the Economy and Society   672

The Loneliness Epidemic   664


I still have no idea what the difference between a ""Referring URL" and "Referring Sites" is, but as I've presented the last two years it seems shame not to this year.

Referring URLs

Referring Sites

Search Keywords

EntryPageviews
uponhopeblog.blogspot.com
58
free trade vs protectionism
32
upon hope
32
free trade versus protectionism
17
traditional conservatism
13
protectionism vs free trade
7
upon hope blog
7
free trade and protectionism
5
why to conservatives believe that society should have different classes
5
conclusion of multiculturalism
4

Below is a map showing the top 10 countries that have visited the site in the last three years.

Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
29948
Australia
10380
United Kingdom
2649
Russia
2326
France
1633
Germany
1591
Canada
1468
Ukraine
1260
China
636
Netherlands
617
It would have been so nice for the United States to have clicked over the 30,000 mark, only 52 short!

The top three countries are the same, the fourth through ninth countries are the same but in different orders. In tenth spot the Netherlands has replaced Romania.

Heres hoping for a bigger and better year and thank you all for your support!

Mark Moncrieff

Upon Hope Blog - A Traditional Conservative Future
Another Article You Might Like>

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Mark. Nice to see the steady upward trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both and thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have no idea what the difference between a ""Referring URL" and "Referring Sites" is

    I don't know what the difference is either!

    You're doing slightly better than me - I've had about 75,000 page views in just over four years. I seem to get more Russian visitors than you do, and slightly fewer Americans.

    The frustrating thing about blogging is that the number of page views increases rapidly at first and then seems to hit a kind of ceiling that is very hard to break through.

    Anyway keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete