Friday 24 April 2020

How Can We Win?

I don't know where I'm going with this one. It's not that I don't have anything to say but that maybe I have too much. I read somewhere that hardly anyone stays politically active for more than a decade and even to get to that point is rare. It is a lonely activity, if you are that committed then you have both a stubborn streak and some strange ideas. Ideas that may be right or wrong but that most people find quite odd. The hardest part is not having ideas, the hard part is getting things to happen.

I never wanted to be a writer or a political theorist, I have always wanted to be politically active. To be destroying the things that are destroying me and the things that I love. That has always been my goal, to defend the things that I love. What I have found is that at every point you remain politically lonely because the strange ideas that keep you going also keep you from building cohesive groups. There is always a reason to not do something or to not associate with someone. And of course it works both ways, others have these feelings as well. Instead of getting stronger we just know more people.

Have I made any contribution to defending the things that I love?

What can I point to and say that exists because I was a part of defending it?

I keep running into the same problem, people don't want to do anything. People want to talk about how bad things are. They want to assign blame, they want to tell you what punishment they want to dish out. But actually doing anything, no.

I'm not saying nothing has been done or that absolutely no one has done anything. But those people are as rare as hens teeth. The reason hens teeth are rare is because hens don't have teeth.

A few years ago I delivered about 4000 leaflets, I received 1 reply. A women wrote to me and told me that I had changed her life, that her life had been heading in one direction and because of my leaflet she had been introduced to another type of life and she liked it. Occasionally you get something good. Most often you hear silence and you just hope that what you are doing is not shouting into the wind.

Recently I sent out an email with a suggestion to the Melbourne Traditionalists about what we could do during the current Corona Panic. I suggested that we use this time to get onto as many social media platforms as we could. With each person looking after a single platform. I received 1 reply and they said that it wasn't for them, at least he replied. Why is it that even among a group of people who I personally know I got so little response?

I was also recently involved with a group who were putting together a media proposal. But it didn't get the support it needed because not all the i's were dotted and not all the t's were crossed. There is always a reason not to do things and there are always it seems people who like it exactly that way. Once the perfect plan has been assembled then and only then will it be time to start doing things.

By God it disgusts!

As someone told me last year, we don't have to wait for a rainy day it is raining right now!

Yesterday I watched Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones a mini-series from 1980. If you don't know his life story here's a brief outline.

James Warren "JimJones (May 13, 1931 – November 18, 1978) was an American communist and cult leader.[1][2] Ordained as a Disciples of Christ pastor, Jones founded and led the radical leftist Peoples Temple, often described as having cult-like qualities.
In 1978, media reports of human rights abuses in Peoples Temple's Jonestown surfaced. Democratic Congressman Leo Ryan led an investigation into the commune and was murdered while boarding a return flight with defectors. Jones subsequently committed a mass murder-suicide of 918 of his followers in Jonestown, Guyana. Nearly three hundred children were murdered, almost all of them by cyanide poisoning via a Flavor Aid mix. This historical episode gave rise to the ubiquitous American-English expression "drinking the Kool-Aid".
In the mini-series there is a scene about political power. Jim Jones started the Peoples Temple in Indianapolis and in 1960 was made Director of the Human Rights Commission in that city.

Why?

Because he could control votes, in other words he got his congregation and other supporters to vote for who he wanted them to vote for. That translates into political power. With that power he made sure that his supporters got jobs, including within the government. Which then gave him more power.

When you read it it's quite clear, it even sounds obvious....so why don't we do that?

Because it's much easier to complain then to do things. It's much easier to leave it to someone else. It's much easier to wait for the perfect plan.

There are so many simple things that we can do to fight back. But until we actually start doing them we cannot win and we really need to!


To Help Support My Work
https://www.subscribestar.com/upon-hope


Upon Hope Blog - A Traditional Conservative Future
Another Article You Might Like?
Housewives, Good For The Economy And Society 

2 comments: