Monday 10 April 2023

Upon Hope The Book

 In reply to my tenth birthday post Lindsay Byrnes posted this:

There are many excellent essays that could form the basis of a book that can be self self published using Amazon for only a very token cost. You might be able to promote it and get some modest sales, but more impotently preserve 10 years of your thoughts and best efforts on an important political philosophy as an enduring legacy.
By registering copies with both national and state libraries you afford future generation the opportunity to read about a traditionalists view at that time..

Which was both a very nice thing to say and an interesting idea. So after much thought I have decided to see how far I can go with this idea. I spoke to an editor that I know and he said that a book of around 100 articles is doable, I want to do 120 articles, one from each month. But at the same time I don't think I'm the best person to decide what should be cut. I have started recruiting people that I know but there may be people here who would be interested in helping out.

What I want is for me to select a random month and for people to number the articles from 1 (the best) to whatever number there is for that month. In reality the first and second are the most important. 

If anyone is interested send me an email: uponhopeblog(AT)gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Just a few more thoughts:
    You already have the 10 most popular posts to include those and the top post on defining Traditionalists I suggest should be the first essay
    It’s a lot of extra work but my suggestion would be to include the 100 essays under headings. Just by way of an example of a few of your essays to give you a rough idea of a dissection – but I’m sure you could split them up into more appropriate headings:
    Politics and its Ideology -----
    Feminism, just Another Branch of Liberalism
    How Not to Run a Conservative Party - Pauline Hanson and One Nation
    From Tradition to Liberalism
    The Historical Stages of Liberalism - Jan 2020
    Labour Party lost its Soul – Jan 2015
    Arthur Caldwell was the Problem not the Solution- April 2022
    Neo Conservatism- August 2014
    Culture, Relationships and Conflicts ---------
    The Veteran Crisis
    Will Wonkiness Win – April 2021
    How Women Test Men – March 2018
    Patriotism versus Nationalism
    Economy/Taxes/ Equality -------------
    A disappointing Budget -May 2014
    Competition or Collison -Sep 2019
    Free Trade Versus Protectionism
    Philosophy/ Theology and Society -------
    Friends and the Autonomous Individual
    The Concept of Mercy
    The Right is "Protestant", the Left is "Catholic"
    Manipulating History - The Eureka Stockade
    Why Divorce is Bad

    ReplyDelete