Wednesday 27 September 2017

Levels of Political Involvement

Recently I was having lunch with a friend of the blog and he told me that he believed that there were six levels of political involvement. As I listened I thought his insight was on target, so I asked him to write out his thoughts as soon as he got back to work, which he did. He then gave me permission to publish them here. The only thing I would add is that I would include even doing part of a level, so for example if you didn't do one or two things in a particular level but you did most of the others I would put you at that level of involvement.

Levels of political involvement

1.    Online involvement – Using Social Media and Discussion Forums.

2.    Basic real-life involvement – Attending private meetings occasionally.

3.    Advanced real-life involvement – Regularly attending private meetings and also contributing financially.

4.    Basic real-life activism – Regularly attending private meetings, contributing financially and doing leafleting, stickering and postering.

5.    Advanced real-life activism – Regularly attending private meetings and public meetings, going to public rallies and doing leafleting, stickering and postering.


6.    Publicly being a known-person in activism – Regularly attending private and public meetings, going to rallies and doing leafleting, stickering and postering and also giving public speeches and being interviewed by the media etc. 

I would put myself at 5, I wonder where you would put yourself?

Upon Hope Blog - A Traditional Conservative Future
Another Article You Might Like?

No comments:

Post a Comment